The Florida League of Middle Schools was founded in 1972 by a group of individuals who were designing, teaching, and working in a new kind of school called a "middle school". The association is designed for individuals and institutions dedicated to the cause of quality middle level education for grades 5-9.
The mission of the Florida League of Middle Schools is to improve education for middle grades students in the state of Florida.
This mission will be accomplished by:
- Acting as an advocate for middle grade students and education in Florida
- Facilitating curriculum improvement and in-service education.
- Being a clearinghouse for middle level ideas, materials, and personnel.
- Coordinating statewide efforts in the School Improvement Process in Florida.
- Securing support for middle level education from groups and agencies.
- Representing middle schools in public discussions of education issues.
- Establishing and supporting regional affiliates of the Florida League of Middle Schools.
Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE)
Check out the AMLE website. Just click the link below!
Letter From the Executive Director!
Interested in reading a letter from our President? Click the button below!
May 2017 Newsletter